At the July 7th Ruritan meeting, guest speaker David Chojnacki spoke about the Calhoun County Emergency Management Agency. He discussed five important items to prepare for a natural disaster:
1. Sign up for "Code Red Alerts” at scemd.org.
2. Get a Weather Alert Radio with S.A.M.E. and battery backup.
3. Build up a two-week supply of non-perishable food, water and medications.
4. Have an out-of-state phone contact to coordinate reunification.
5. Follow Calhoun County Emergency Management on Facebook facebook.com/ccemasc.
We enjoyed this very informative presentation to keep our families and neighbors safe.
Ruritan members provided school supplies to Sandy Run School and Foundations Christian School again for the 2018-2019 school year.
(Photographer: Jerry Starnes)